- At BULWARK, we are committed to ensuring you maximize the value from your IoT investments, and we want to inform you of new changes regarding the Rogers Network. Customers with IoT devices utilizing the 2G/3G network and operating on 1900 MHz frequency band have an additional 3 months of service. Sunset is now scheduled for March 31st, 2021.
- Customers with IoT devices utilizing the 2G network and operating on 850 MHz frequency band have an additional 12 months of service. Sunset is now scheduled for December 31st, 2021.
- 3G 850 MHz and 3G dual band devices that utilize 850 MHz will NOT Sunset before December 31,2025.
Here are the details of upcoming changes:
|Technology||Planned Impact||Timing||Action Required|
|2G and 3G networks operating on 1900 MHz frequency band||No longer supported on 1900 MHz for IoT customers.|
However, 3G devices operating on 850 MHz will continue to be supported
|After March 31st, 2021||All 2G and 3G IoT devices that operate only on 1900 MHz frequency band and LTE IoT devices that fallback to 2G/3G 1900 MHz frequency band for voice support should be migrated prior to March 31st, 2021 to avoid service disruptions. There will be no impact or action required for devices utilizing 3G operating on 850 MHz.|
|2G network operating on the remaining 850 MHz frequency band||IoT devices will no longer be supported on the 2G network across any frequency bands.||Extended an additional year, until December 31st, 2021. (operating on 850 MHz frequency band only)||All customers with 2G-only IoT devices are requested to migrate their devices prior to December 31st, 2021, to avoid service disruptions. After that date, 2G IoT devices will no longer be supported.|
For devices utilizing VOICE:
- 4G LTE devices that use the 3G 1900MHz (Band 2) for DATA or VOICE fall-back operation will no longer be able to use the 2G/3G 1900MHz network after March 31, 2021.
- Rogers’ 850MHz frequency (Band 5) will continue to be available as a 2G/3G technology and any 4G LTE devices that use the 2G/3G 850MHz network for DATA or VOICE fall-back operation will continue to operate.
- If fallback by a 4G LTE device to 3G 1900MHz (Band 2) for DATA or VOICE operation is important for the customer’s solution, then these devices should be migrated prior to March 31, 2021 to avoid service disruption.
In order to maintain services, KORE is pleased to offer your organization the latest in network technologies that provide several benefits over older technologies:
- LTE – Available for your high-bandwidth applications.
- LTE-M (Category M1) – Available for your low-bandwidth applications – offering the benefits of extended battery life, improved coverage, and low-cost devices.
By working together quickly and efficiently, our goal is to ensure this 2G/3G Network turndown does not affect your business.
For all questions about this update or requests for support specific to this update, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org